ICEPP seeks to expand the horizons
of physics through international joint research
Dr. Tomohiro Yamazaki（Tanaka Lab）won Young Scientist Award of JPS and High Energy Physics Young Researcher's Award
Mr. Gen Tateno（Tanaka Lab）won Student Presentation Awards of the Physical Society of Japan
International joint experiments by ICEPP
- ATLAS EXPERIMENT An experimental project using the Large Hadron Collider at CERN. The next goal is the exploration of new physics that go beyond the Standard Model and the development of new theories to better describe our universe.
- MEG EXPERIMENT An experimental project being carried out at PSI in Switzerland. The project aims to measure the rare phenomenon of muons decaying into electrons and explore a supersymmetric grand unified theory that can overturn the Standard Model.
- ILC PROJECT A grand international core project that has long been the dream of particle physicists around the world. The ILC will be a linear particle accelerator that collides electrons with positrons and makes high-resolution experiments possible.
Researchers taking on the mysteries of particles
Learn about the researchers that are using minute particles to study the secrets of our vast universe.
- Director, Professor Shoji Asai ATLAS experiment, Tabletop experiment
- Professor Toshinori Mori MEG experiment, ILC project
- Professor Masaya Ishino ATLAS experiment
- Professor Junichi Tanaka ATLAS experiment
Satoru Yamashita ILC project
Wataru Ootani MEG experiment, ILC project
Yasuyuki Okumura ATLAS experiment
Ryu Sawada ATLAS experiment
Koji Terashi ATLAS experiment